Friday, March 4, 2011

The Daily Scribble

As a illustrator, I tend to get a little blocked when it comes to ideas on what to draw or paint. The brain gets stuck in the mud and keeps spinnin' its wheels.
But there is a solution!
THE DAILY SCRIBBLE!
My sister came up with this idea for me many moons ago, and it works beautifully.
It's simple. You take a scribble that you doodled, or your friend doodled, your boyfriend doodled, your girlfriend doodled, or your kid doodled..., doodled is a great word!





and create a quick masterpiece by the end of the day. Do this daily and the ideas won't ever dry up. Well, in theory.
Would love to see your masterpieces!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I remember I used to do these when I was a kid, but I never thought of using them as creative inspiration as an adult. I think it'd be fun to try and write a short flash fiction about the finished doodle as well. Anyway, sounds like a good way to stretch creativity in many ways; I'll have to try it!

    I found your blog through the Book-in-a-Week site, by the way. I really like your illustrations. :)

    ReplyDelete